This is a very important transit for relationships and potentially a very intense and emotional time, as Venus is retrograding through passionate Scorpio.
When planets symbolically retrograde in the sky, they re-visit and re-view old experiences, so it’s an ideal time to re-consider past relationships and not a great time to start something new. Re-connecting and re-marrying an ex-partner can work well during this time, but it’s not an ideal time to marry a new spouse, or even to get engaged, or to start a brand new relationship, or make new close friendships.
Some core issues to explore and re-visit (in a compassionate way), in this retrograde include:
1. Re-assessing and re-viewing past and current relationships, particularly intimate ones, with absolute self-honesty – what part have I played in the challenges I am experiencing now and in the past? Why did past relationships break down? What did I learn about myself in these relationships?
2. How are my replies to 1. above, linked to relationship patterns in my family of origin? What hurts do I tend to carry into my intimate relationships from my family and from prior relationships?
3. How passionate do I feel about my current and prior intimate relationships? What does ‘passion’ mean to me? Are/were these passion grounded in love, or in idealized fantasy?
4. What part have loyalty and commitment played in my intimate relationships?
5. Who has been the ‘love of my life to date’? If we are no longer together – why is this so? Is there anything I need to do to complete this relationship?
6. What part do finances play in my intimate relationships?
7. On a scale of 1 – 10 how strong is my self-value and self-awareness? How open is my heart to love?
Feel free to check out our two YouTube recordings this week on Venus retrograde in relationships and Venus retrograde for each Sun Sign. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmBTdkcyJOo&feature=youtu.be and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfAoSyJB9Y&feature=youtu.be
Have a peek at where Venus is currently travelling through the relationship midpoint composite chart of past and current relationships. This will shed some useful light on what is being activated with this retrograde in your relationship life. Also, the house it’s travelling through in your natal chart will describe what can help you work on self-value issues. For example: in the 6th house - it may be through work, in the 5th - through creativity…
With so many intense emotions in our hearts and psyche, grounding can help us maintain our center and journalling is a helpful way to express feelings. Make sure you fit in lots of lunar self soothing too - check out your Moon sign to see what comforts you most! MG
If you’d like to know more about how to work with this Venus retrograde energy in your relationships, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an astrology reading with us!