Mercurial communication issues are at the forefront today in our relationships, with Mercury Retrograde squaring Saturn in Capricorn. There are several reasons why this is particularly important:
1. This is the 2nd of three times these two planets square each other within two months. The first time was on March 11th/12th at 7’ when Mercury and 8’ Capricorn and the 3rd will be on April 27th/28th at 9’ Capricorn. It’s worth considering what was going on in your relationships communication wise during the first square. Did you hear some new information about someone, or did you share some important new information? The first time an exact aspect forms gives us a valuable inkling re the general theme of the aspect.
Today allows us to reconsider and review what we heard in March. Further information may also surface, which can shed additional light on the meaning of the communication in March. It also gives us an opportunity to make some changes. Keep in mind though that with Mercury Retrograde, whatever we hear today may not be fully what it seems.
2. Venus the planet of relationships, trined Saturn in March and today – it will not do so at the end of April. Today is a final opportunity to integrate something important to do with our self-value in response to whatever information Hermes created a bridge to in March.
3. Today is the only time Mars is involved in the Mercury/Saturn aspect. This gives it a stronger emphasis and may feel somewhat more conflictual. If in doubt, take a deep breath and consider waiting until Mercury has gone stationary direct on the 15th to communicate anything significant in relationships.
4. During the 1st and 3rd square, Mercury is direct. Today it’s retrograde. As mentioned above, the accuracy of information, or how we hear it, is likely to be a little dubious today. Greater clarity will be possible on the 26th/27th.
5. Chiron is at the critical 29’ Pisces until April 15th when it moves into Aries. There is a lot of old pain coming to the surface to be cleared, particularly around early abandonment issues. This is a great time to re-read Bowlby’s Attachment theory. There are few of us who have had completely secure attachments in early childhood and this degree of Pisces is likely to bring those gaps to the surface, to be healed at this time. Self-love and compassion with our words and actions towards ourselves are key at this time. It’s also a great time to reach out to friends and loved ones for a chat, a hug, or to share a nice meal together. Loving human presence is immensely healing and particularly important right now. MG