Coming in September 2019
New one year Comprehensive Certificate Course on The Astrology of Relationships, including a section on The Emerging Paradigm of Soul Centered Loving Relationships
With guest presentations by some of the foremost international astrologers including : Nadiya Shah, April Elliott Kent Rick Levine, Rachel Lang, Christopher Renstrom and Linda Furiate
Relationships are a key feature of all our lives including intimate partnerships, family, and friendships, as well as work and community relationships. It’s not surprising that they are a core area in any astrologer’s work. Yet there is little specialized training in relationship astrology in our field – until now!
This course is ideal for intermediate/advanced students of astrology, professional astrologers, and anyone who is passionate about astrology and would like to gain a deeper insight into relationship astrology.
You will learn in-depth skills to work with your own relationships as well as with clients. While romantic relationships are a key focus of the course, you’ll also learn about working with parent/child, coworker, friendships, creative partners, and other relationship forms. Whilst covering the core foundations of Relationship Astrology, this dynamic innovative course aims to also address the evolving nature of gender, sexuality, and relationships, and offers ways we can support clients towards creating new heart-centred relationships based on a new relationship paradigm.
The course is offered online via pre-recorded presentations which you can access on your own schedule, and is composed of two 8-week terms and one 10 week term. The third term includes presentations by skilled relationship astrologers from around the world. Self-study via recorded lectures is augmented by online class discussions via group chat, plus one live group supervision session per term and a 1:1 tutorial with Margaret or Armand.
Each term includes a term assignment that is completed on the student’s own time schedule. Students who successfully complete all three terms will receive a certificate of accomplishment in Relationship Astrology.
Prerequisite knowledge includes a basic working knowledge of astrology: planets, signs, houses, and aspects. Familiarity with doing chart analysis is required, and some experience in doing actual astrology consultations is ideal, although not a requirement. No prior experience with synastry or composite charts is necessary, although it is helpful.
Term 1: Relationship and The Self
Term 2: Bringing the Charts Together and focusing on a New Relationship Paradigm
Term 3: Beyond the Basics (with Guest Presentations)
Term 1 – Relationship and the Self
8 one-hour sessions
Introduction to relationship astrology, focusing on understanding the individual and their relationship potentials and patterns, as well as how transits and progressions modify these over time to open up new possibilities. Included are an overview of the entire course; debunking misconceptions about relationship astrology; history of approaches to relationship astrology, introduction to the concepts of love, desire, sexuality, gender, and anima and animus in a changing world. While this term covers some basic astrological concepts, the approach is centered on relationship astrology with an expanded and amplified view of familiar topics such as planets, signs, and houses.
1. The houses in the chart relevant to relationships. Different types of relationships in different houses.
2. Moon and Mercury
3. Mars and Venus
4. Jupiter and Saturn
5. The Sun
6. The Transpersonals, Part 1: Uranus and Pluto
7. The Transpersonals, Part 2: Neptune Chiron (Transits to and from these planets in the individual chart and aspects)
Term 2 – Bringing the Charts Together
8 one-hour sessions
This is a very practical term that builds on Term 1. The focus is on deepening skills in the use of core techniques of relationship astrology including the use of synastry, composite charts, and the progressed and relocated composite charts. The New Paradigm of heart centered relationships will also be explored in some depth as a way forward in relationships.
1. Synastry Part 1
2. Synastry Part 2
3. The Midpoint Composite Chart
4. Transits to the Midpoint Composite Chart
5. The Progressed and Relocated Composite Charts.
6. Synastry between each natal charts and the Midpoint Composite Chart.
7. Introducing the New paradigm of spiritual heart centered relationships Part 1
8. The New Paradigm of spiritual heart centered relationships Part 2
Term 3 – Additional Relationship Considerations
This term offers the opportunity to focus on some of the core issues that often arise in relationship astrology work. Prominent international astrologers in this field present talks in their areas of specialty, which may well lead you to do further research in your particular area of interest.
1. The Timing of Commitments and Marriage in Relationships – April Elliot Kent
2. Separation, Divorce and Death in Relationships – Armand Diaz
3. Queer Astrology and Relationships - Christopher Renstrom
3. Basic Counselling Skills for Working with Couples – Margaret Gray
5. Relationships and Eclipses - Rick Levine
6. Addictions and Relationships – Linda Furiate
7. Asteroids and Relationships – Rachel Lang
8. Relationships and Children, including Adult Children – Margaret & Armand
9. Twin Soul Relationships – Margaret Gray & Armand Diaz
10. Relationships and the Nodes – Nadiya Shah
There are three easy options for payment:
Pay Per Term: Tuition is US$350 per term, paid in advance of the start of each term.
Early Bird Rate: Students who purchase the full three-term course before July 1st, 2019 pay a discounted tuition of US$945.
Month-to-Month Payment Plan: $110/month for 10 months, beginning September 2019. Payment is due on the first of each month.
Margaret & Armand
Relationships and Astrology